An Exclusive Buyer Agent represents the home buyer, and only the home buyer, in a real estate
transaction. They work within a company that never represents sellers and never takes listings.
Because of that, as your local Buyer’s Agent and my company have a fiduciary relationship with my
buyer-clients, which includes the following duties:
Loyalty • Obedience • Confidentiality • Accounting• Reasonable skill and care and Disclosure
This level of protection and dedication is not available under other types of real estate agency. By the
virtue of my fiduciary relationship with the home buyer, I will disclose information to the buyer that
materially affects a buyer’s best interests, even if that information is detrimental to the seller!
The listing agent cannot make such disclosures and must remain loyal to the seller.
This is a critical distinction that separates an Exclusive Buyer Agent from the “dual agency” practice that is common among real estate companies!
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can provide guidance about how much to offer for a home and what repairs to demand during inspections.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I negotiate exclusively on my buyer’s behalf, seeking the best price and terms for my clients.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I work to protect my clients with contractual contingencies, designed with only the buyer’s best interests in mind.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can help you determine your buying power – that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders – banks and mortgage companies – offer limited choices.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I have many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. There are two things you’ll want to know: First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can help you with negotiations and inspections. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or appliances. The purchase agreement should allow time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I provide due diligence during the property evaluation. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports.
You will also want to see a preliminary report on the property title. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title search company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can help you understand different financing options and identify qualified lenders.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can provide you with our vetted list of local resources like mortgage brokers, inspectors, repair/service companies and whatever else you may need.
- As your Buyer’s Agent, I can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.